***Applications for our class of Winter 2015 are now closed. Thank you to all that applied!!***
WHAT IS MONSTER ACADEMY? (you ask)
• A FREE program for youth aged 16-25 consisting of one mental health skills workshop every Sunday afternoon for 8 weeks, from February 8 to March 29. You will receive FREE food(!) and a $10(!!) honorarium for each workshop. Childcare will be available as needed.
WHAT DO I DO AT MONSTER ACADEMY? (you ask)
• Learn mental health science, self-care and peer support skills, and local mental health resources. The full list of workshops, with descriptions, is available here: https://monsteracademymtl.wordpress.com/book-a-workshop/
• Develop your own critical perspective on mental health and illness
• Share your own skills and knowledge with other cool people
• Think about community mental health projects you could do in your own community
AMAZING! (you exclaim) HOW DO I APPLY?
By answering the following questions and sending your answers to us at email@example.com! Spaces are limited, not everyone will be selected. All applicants will, however, be contacted by the first week of February!
• What is your name and how old are you? (The program is only open to folks aged 16-25)
• Can you commit to attending all 8 workshops? (Feb 8, 15, 22, March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 They’ll be held in a central, accessible Montreal location near a Metro station)
• Can you describe yourself a little? (Things you like! Things you don’t like! Personal values! Dreams! What you’re doing these days! Anything else important!)
• Why are you interested in Monster Academy? How could attending be helpful to you and/or your community? (This is really the most important question)
• What do you know about mental health? (You don’t necessarily have to know anything, we’re just curious)
• Is there anything we should know about you in order to make sure you have the best possible Monster Academy learning environment?
Answers may be submitted in written, video, audio, or other formats – it’s up to you. Feel free to be creative and let us know who you are! Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org BY JANUARY 31, 2015, with “Monster Academy Program Application” in the subject line. You can also email us with questions!
Kai Cheng and Kota
Monster Academy Coordinators
Monster Academy is a working group of Qpirg McGill